Pages


Monday 27 May 2013

The card that never was....aka a technique too far

When you make a card for  a birthday, you are supposed to post it!! Somehow I forgot about the weekend and then the bank holiday, so this card will be late!! And it seems i have lost the recipients address too!!.

I have had the Tulip embossing folder from Stampin Up for a while now, but havent really used it, as the size is slightly different from the others. But I decided that i wanted to master it, so i measured the interior to the edges and cut the card accordingly. The results were stunning and i am glad that i persevered. I cut a frame out and embossed some very Vanilla Card stock with the basket weave embossing folder and used the Beautiful Wings Embosslet with DSP to cut the lovely butterflies. I know the recipient is particularly fond of butterflies!!

Also her mantra/teaching is never to send a plain envelope. I was a bit stuck as what to do as this card didn't involve a stampset, until i hit on the idea of embossing the envelope as well. I hope you agree that it has all turned out to look very classy! Hope she likes it...if i ever get my act together and post it x


No comments:

Post a Comment